To wear a tennis bracelet with a watch, you can wear them on the same arm with the bracelet closer to your hand. This will create an elegant and cohesive look that will complement each other well.
Tennis bracelets and watches are both classic pieces of jewelry that never go out of style. For decades, women have been wearing tennis bracelets on their wrists to add a touch of glamour to their outfits. But, with the rise of smartwatches, many women are worried about how to incorporate both pieces into their look.
Luckily, wearing a tennis bracelet with a watch is easier than you might think. This guide will give you some tips and tricks on how to wear a tennis bracelet with a watch, so you can rock both pieces with confidence!
Finding The Perfect Tennis Bracelet
Tennis bracelets are a timeless accessory that adds elegance and sophistication to any outfit. They are called tennis bracelets because chris evert, a famous tennis player, wore a diamond bracelet during a match which was later lost. The game was stopped until the bracelet was found, and so the term “tennis bracelet” was born.
To make sure you find the perfect tennis bracelet to wear with your watch, consider the following factors.
Choosing The Right Style And Material
When it comes to choosing a tennis bracelet, it is essential to look at the style and material to ensure that it complements your watch and overall outfit. Consider the following points when selecting a bracelet:
- Look at the metal colour: Choose a metal that complements your watch. For example, gold bracelets go well with a gold watch, while a silver bracelet pairs up nicely with silver watches.
- Consider the size of the bracelet: Since you’re wearing it with a watch, try to choose a tennis bracelet that is not too bulky or too delicate.
- Evaluate the design: There are various designs available in tennis bracelets, including classic diamond or gemstone style or a more modern design with intricate metalwork.
- Keep your personal style in mind: The bracelet you choose should match your own personal style.
Sizing Tips For A Comfortable Fit
You want your tennis bracelet to fit comfortably, not so tight that it impedes your movement or slides around your wrist. Consider the following size guidelines to ensure a comfortable fit:
- Take measurements of your wrist: Use a measuring tape or a string to find the circumference of your wrist. Remember to add 0.5 inches to the measurement for a comfortable fit.
- Keep the watch size in mind: Make sure your bracelet fits correctly with your watch by choosing a size that complements it but does not clash with it.
- Consider the clasp: A secure clasp ensures that your tennis bracelet stays in place while you wear it.
As with all accessories, the cost of tennis bracelets can vary widely. Before purchasing a bracelet, consider your budget to ensure that you get the best value for your money.
- Set a budget for your purchase: Determine how much you’re willing to spend before you go shopping for a bracelet.
- Compare the prices: Look around at different stores or online to compare prices and find the best deal.
- Consider the material: The cost of a tennis bracelet will vary depending on the metal and gemstone used.
Finding the perfect tennis bracelet to pair with your watch involves selecting a style and material that complements your watch, sizing the bracelet correctly, and considering your budget. With these tips, you’ll be able to elevate any outfit to the level of sophistication and elegance you desire using your tennis bracelet and watch combination.
Selecting The Watch For The Bracelet
Matching Watch And Bracelet Styles
When selecting a watch to wear with a tennis bracelet, it’s essential to match the style of the watch and the bracelet. Consider these points when selecting the watch:
- A classic tennis bracelet looks best with a simple watch.
- A diamond-encrusted tennis bracelet suits a dress watch with a metallic strap.
- A sporty tennis bracelet works well with a sports watch with a rubber or leather strap.
Consideration Of Watch Size And Shape
The size and shape of the watch are significant when pairing it with a tennis bracelet. Take a look at these considerations:
- A watch with a bulky case doesn’t pair well with a dainty tennis bracelet.
- A round-faced watch complements a round diamond tennis bracelet.
Color Coordination And Metal Matching
Matching the colors and materials of your tennis bracelet and watch will produce a polished look. Here are some tips:
- Silver tennis bracelets should be matched with metal-strapped watches in a similar shade.
- Yellow gold tennis bracelets go well with gold watches; rose gold bracelets match with rose gold watches.
- White gold tennis bracelets look stunning with silver or white gold watches.
Now that you have a better understanding of selecting the watch for the tennis bracelet, let your creativity flow, and put together an accessory that’s personal and elegant!
Layering The Bracelet With The Watch
Wearing a tennis bracelet with a watch is an elegant and timeless combination. Layering the bracelet with the watch can create a stunning and polished look that stands out. Here we provide some tips on how to layer the bracelet with the watch’s existing bracelet or band, adjust it for optimal visibility, and combine it with complementary jewelry.
Tips For Layering The Bracelet With Watch’S Existing Bracelet Or Band
When layering the tennis bracelet with a watch’s existing bracelet or band, it’s important to ensure they complement each other and don’t clash. Here are some tips to achieve that perfect look:
- Choose a tennis bracelet that matches the watch in terms of metal finish, color, and style.
- Consider the width of the watch’s band when choosing the tennis bracelet. A thin bracelet complements a thin watch while a thicker band warrants a wider bracelet.
- Place the bracelet above or below the watch depending on your preference. However, it’s essential to ensure that the bracelet doesn’t overpower the watch.
Adjusting The Bracelet For Optimal Visibility
Adjusting the tennis bracelet is critical to its visibility when worn with a watch. Here are some tips to showcase the bracelet:
- If the tennis bracelet is too loose, it may slip under the watch. This can be avoided by adjusting the bracelet’s clasp to fit correctly on the wrist.
- Ensure the bracelet is neither too tight nor too loose. It should fit snugly but not dig into the skin.
- Adjusting the bracelet’s position on the wrist can also improve its visibility. Moving it down can make it more noticeable and enhance its elegance.
Combining The Bracelet With Complementary Jewelry
Combining the tennis bracelet with complementary jewelry can create a sophisticated and complete look. Here are some tips to achieve a perfect blend:
- A tennis bracelet pairs well with stud earrings, simple necklaces, or a watch with a matching metal finish.
- Adding a statement ring on the opposite hand balances out the wrist’s appearance and creates an overall cohesive look.
- Choosing jewelry with simple designs, similar metal finishes, and matching gemstones can create an elegant and understated appearance.
Layering a tennis bracelet with a watch can be a sophisticated and stylish way to accessorize your wrist. By following these tips, you can create a stunning and polished look that is certain to turn heads.
Styling Tips For Wearing The Combo
Occasions And Outfits That Fit Well With This Jewelry Combination
When it comes to jewelry, accessorizing is important to complete your outfit. Combining a tennis bracelet and watch can elevate your overall look.
Here are some occasions and outfits where you can wear a tennis bracelet with a watch:
- Formal events: A tennis bracelet and watch combo can add a touch of elegance to your formal attire. Wear it to a black-tie event or a wedding.
- Office wear: A tennis bracelet and watch can complement a power outfit. It can add a feminine touch to a crisp white shirt and pantsuit.
- Casual outfits: You can wear a tennis bracelet and watch with basic outfits like jeans and a plain tee. It can add a pop of color and sparkle to your look.
- Special occasions: A tennis bracelet and watch combo can be worn to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other special events.
Matching Tennis Bracelet And Watch With Other Accessories
While a tennis bracelet and watch combo can be a stunning accessory alone, you can pair them with other jewelry pieces to complete your look. Here are some tips on matching your tennis bracelet and watch with other accessories:
- Earrings: When wearing a tennis bracelet and watch, opt for understated earrings like studs or hoops. Avoid wearing chandelier earrings that can overpower your outfit.
- Necklace: If you want to wear a necklace with a tennis bracelet and watch, choose a delicate one that won’t distract from your bracelet and watch combo.
- Rings: If you want to wear rings, it’s best to keep it simple and wear a thin band or a solitaire ring to avoid an overload of jewelry.
Avoiding Fashion Faux Pas And Common Mistakes
When it comes to wearing a tennis bracelet with a watch, there are some common fashion mistakes you should avoid:
- Avoid wearing a tennis bracelet and watch with a sporty outfit. This style of jewelry is best suited for formal or dressy occasions.
- Don’t wear a tennis bracelet and watch on the same wrist as it can look cluttered and unbalanced. Instead, wear your tennis bracelet and watch on opposite wrists.
- Make sure your tennis bracelet and watch complement each other. If you have a silver watch, wear a silver tennis bracelet. Gold watch? Wear a gold bracelet.
- If you have a small wrist, opt for a smaller tennis bracelet and watch. Wearing oversized jewelry on a small wrist can appear overwhelming.
Remember, when styling a tennis bracelet and watch combo, keep it simple and elegant. Pair it with other jewelry pieces that won’t overpower your outfit or your wrist.
Frequently Asked Questions For How To Wear A Tennis Bracelet With A Watch
Can You Wear A Tennis Bracelet With A Watch?
Yes, you can wear a tennis bracelet with a watch. In fact, wearing both accessories together can create an elegant and stylish look.
What Wrist Do You Wear A Tennis Bracelet On?
You can wear a tennis bracelet on either wrist. It’s purely a personal choice, depending on which wrist feels comfortable and looks good on you.
What Should You Wear With A Tennis Bracelet And Watch?
To complement your tennis bracelet and watch, pair them with similar metal colours and keep your other jewelry minimal. A bracelet on the opposite wrist can work well without overpowering the look.
How Tight Should A Tennis Bracelet Be?
A tennis bracelet should fit comfortably on your wrist without being too tight or too loose. You should be able to slide your finger between the bracelet and your wrist easily for a perfect fit.
Can You Adjust The Size Of A Tennis Bracelet?
Yes, you can adjust the size of a tennis bracelet. Most designs come with additional links to adjust its size, while others have clasps that can be moved to loosen or tighten the fit. If in doubt, consult with a jeweller.
As we conclude this post on how to wear a tennis bracelet with a watch, it’s crucial to note the impact that accessories have on your style. Tennis bracelets have evolved to become one of the most versatile accessories that can add an elegant touch to your outfits, especially when paired with a watch.
Understanding how to match your bracelet and watch, regardless of the occasion, will make all the difference in enhancing your overall image. Keep in mind the color of your jewelry, the size of your bracelet and watch, and any embellishments that can complement each other.
Ultimately, wearing a tennis bracelet with a watch is about creating a harmonious, sophisticated, and polished look that enhances your confidence and style. So, go ahead and find your perfect bracelet and watch combo, and own your unique and chic accessory style!